Dermatology Community
Keratosis Pilaris on legs?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Keratosis Pilaris on legs?

5782485?1276281492
I have really ugly, what is often called, "Chicken Skin" on my thighs. I also have it a bit on my upper arms, but it's not half as bad and I'm only really bothered by it on my thighs, as it's obviously not very attractive when wearing shorts. I know for a fact that this problem is very common, my Mother even used to have it as a teenager and grew out of it (However, she's not as pale, and didn't have it quite as bad) but I'd like to know a non-expensive way of treating it. I don't really care enough to buy all of these creams and so on specifically for it, as it's only noticeable if you look close up to my legs, or in certain light intensities; I would just like to find a good way so that my skin tone is more evened out, so that the "dots" are not so red. The thing is, the dots aren't raised at all, or at least not enough for me to feel them. My legs still feel smooth, yet this condition makes them look rough. I'm also very fair skinned, and my legs don't really tan properly, so that certainly doesn't help, so would using my tinted moisturiser on my legs eventually cover it up a bit to even out my skin tone a bit?

Thank you for any helpful advice. :)