Dermatology Community
Knot on my leg
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knot on my leg

I have a knot that has developed on my left leg, it is on the outside of the leg, up about 3 inches or so from my ankle.  It doesn't really hurt or anything.  I was just wondering what it could be...  Thank you..
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

This could be tendinosis which may cause swelling or a hard knot of tissue (nodule) on the back of the leg. This may occur in runners and also is more common in athletes, especially in sports that involve jumping  and in people who do a lot of walking. If it persists and other symptoms occur such as pain and swelling, have this evaluated further for proper management. A complete physical examination must be done to reach a diagnosis.

Take care and regards.
Blank
I have a knot on my inner left leg close to my knee. It feels hard like a small ball, like a nodule. It is the size of a dime and protrudes from the skin.It doesnt move THERE IS no pain with it... what could this be????
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...