Knot on my leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Knot on my leg

I have a knot that has developed on my left leg, it is on the outside of the leg, up about 3 inches or so from my ankle.  It doesn't really hurt or anything.  I was just wondering what it could be...  Thank you..
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be tendinosis which may cause swelling or a hard knot of tissue (nodule) on the back of the leg. This may occur in runners and also is more common in athletes, especially in sports that involve jumping  and in people who do a lot of walking. If it persists and other symptoms occur such as pain and swelling, have this evaluated further for proper management. A complete physical examination must be done to reach a diagnosis.

Take care and regards.
I have a knot on my inner left leg close to my knee. It feels hard like a small ball, like a nodule. It is the size of a dime and protrudes from the skin.It doesnt move THERE IS no pain with it... what could this be????