Knots on body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Knots on body

I m 30 years old. I have a few knots on my body... 2 on my hands, 1 on the calf of the leg and 1 on the thigh. They r oval in shape... one of them seems to be increasing in size a bit . I feel pain when i press them. Please tell me can these be cancereous.. do i need to see the doc for these.
Help me please.
Tags: knots
For such knots the possibilities of sebaceous cysts and lipomas need to be ruled out. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. A lipoma is a benign fatty tumor. To confirm the diagnosis please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.