Large, red bump, sore and itchy on forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

One, hard, raised, red bump on the underside of my forearm.  It appeared overnight and at first I thought it was just a pimple.  It is somewhat itchy, and sore.  The  bump itself is less than a dime in diameter, but the sore redness extends to about the size of a quarter.  I'm now at the four day mark and it hasn't gotten any worse.  I have been using Neosporin topical ointment that appears to have contained it, but has not reduced it.  Am also taking Benadryl.

I don't think it's a spider bite, since it did not wake me up.  Plus, I live in Chicago and it's the middle of February, which I think would make it less likely to be a spider.  Haven't seen any in my apartment lately.

I have a photo, but cannot figure out how to post it here in this post.  I have a pic in my profile if you can access that.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Woke up today and was a little more tender and now has constant throbbing pain even if untouched.  Decided to try and pop it since there was a white cap forming (probably due to the Neosporin ointment), and a little bit of puss came out, afterwhich I applied peroxide to the opening and then more Neosporin.

I wondering if this is some kind of cyst?

Again, pics from yesterday are posted under my profile album.

I will probably give it another 48 hours to start healing before heading to the doctor.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Someone better answer me soon or I swear to God I'll come down there....
**UPDATE**

Went to the doctor yesterday, definitely infected and was put on antibiotics....they also took a culture of the mucas to test.

Didn't think it was a spider bite.

It's still really sore and tender...hope the A-B's kick in soon and kill the infection!!!!

Oh, and btw, thanks to everyone who contributed to my question and gave me the emotional support I was seeking.

{rolling eyes}
**UPDATE #2**

Antibiotics not helping...infection is just as swollen and sore as before and actually is more painful.  Also, puss is starting to ooz from the opening.  Have call into doctor, hope he has a 'Plan-B' cuz I'm running out of vicodin.

I can feel that your thoughts and prayers are with me during this trying time, and I will continue to keep you updated.

...whether you want me to or not.
**New photos of the nasty infected "bump" posted on my profile....not for the weak of heart**
**Day 11 photo posted in profile  ...new antibiotics appear to be working, but still a ways to go.
This clearly looks like an abscess or carbuncle. Apply some warm compresses and topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics or intravenous antibiotics and incision and drainage may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.