Large Bump on my head, Core came out, Terrible Smell

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've had a bump on my head for some time, maybe a year or more. I never really thought much about it so I didn't think to ask a doctor about it until recently and only because I had started catching it with my brush. When I went to the dr, it had started to core out in the middle. They tried to get the core out with a needle and it bent it, they tried tweesers with no luck. They tried to deaden it and were going to lance it, but when they put the medicine in it came back out the hole in the center. So they schedualed me to see a dermatologist. That appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. So yesterday it was itching and I was kinda picking at it, I know, I shouldn't do that, but I couldnt help it. Well more of the core came out, alot more, about the size of a pea. It also had some clear liquid with it. Thing is, it smells REALLY BAD! Ever smelled your belly button before you washed it? Its like that except way worse. The bump has gone down in side quite a bit, but it still feels like there is something in it, like the size of a dime maybe and flat. I have been pressing on it some trying to keep it from filling up with puss and getting infected, but I'm a little worried its already infected because of the smell, but then I have had this thing for over a year... I did put peroxide in it, but it didn't seem to help any. Any ideas or suggestions?
Sebaceous cyst.