Large Patch Of Freckles and Various Moles
Below is link to picture I left it in its original 3MB size so one could zoom in and have a closer look. (please be patient while it loads)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8600/img8402tf.jpg

History: A birthmark that has multiplied freakishly in size.

I'm wondering if this needs to be excised? I went to a dermatologist for something unrelated about six years ago, the dermatologist saw it and mentioned I might want to have it checked out periodically, she also had a fancy name for it but I could never recall what it was. Is this something that needs a closer look? Thanks for your service in this matter, any information would be helpful.

If you notice changes in the mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.