Large blister form on my face between nose and lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6645172?1297652492
Hello. I am a healthy 30 year old male and recently developed a blister on my face and am wondering whether this is some form of oral herpes. I have never had cold sores or been diagnosed with herpes and this blister does not match the images I see on the internet or obvious example of friends I know with cold sores.

It appeared literally out of the blue one morning with no build-up that I could detect. It just showed up in the morning as a bumpy patch of skin above my lip (not in contact with lip  though) and below my nose. Then by mid-afternoon it had developed into a huge thick grayish blister, maybe 1/5" - /8" long. Very noticeable and quite disturbing. By the evening the blister popped (a very small hole) somehow (I didn't touch it I don't think) and started leaking whatever fluid was in the blister for most of the evening and well into the next day. It is 3 days later and it has dried. The blister now shows-up as a redish protrusion with some bumpy skin around it. There are occasional little crusty orange crystals that have dried on top of the protrusion.

I am thinking this is HSV 1 but really have no way to know. The symptoms seem similar but again this doesn't look like any image I have seen of cold sores. This is one gigantic blister as opposed to many little bumps. It developed extremely quickly.
It can be due to an infected hair follicle, cold sore or impetigo. It is a highly contagious superficial bacterial skin infection. Primarily caused by Staphylococcus aureus and sometimes by Streptococcus pyogenes. Topical and oral antibiotics are the treatment of choice. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get prescribed oral antibiotics also because sometimes topical therapy with antibiotic creams is not sufficient for the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.