Large boil on scar tissue

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Large boil on scar tissue

I have a huge scar on my neck from a jaw surgey.  I have had a couple boils on my scar tissue before.  I could lightly squeeze the and clear fluid would come out, and the skin would be flat again.  I have never picked or sqeezed hard or anything of the sort to this scar.  Overnight a giant boil appeared on or in the scar tissue.  The boil was not touching any of my regular skin, just scar tissue.  I have good hygiene and have not even touched my scar in weeks. I have had acne before.  This was nothing like it.  I've had large pimples before.  When I touched this boil a massive! amount of thick yellow ooze came out.  The largest pimple I ever had never produced a 100th of the ooze.  After the ooze drained the skin was flat once again.  Pimples have swelling this had none.  I had no cuts on the scar so I don't know how it could have got infected or developed so big overnight.  It is also weird because it is in the middle of a scar.  What is going on?  Why is their no swelling or pain?  Why would this happen so suddenly without a wound?  Why so much ooze?
Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

i have had two back surgurys and i develope severe scar tissue i think called kiloids. Well i have the samething fluid in just scar tissue with no scin break. Overnight a giant boil appeared on or in the scar tissue.  The boil was not touching any of my regularRegular nvpskin, just scar tissue.  I have good hygiene and have not even touched my scar in weeks. I have also had large pimples always by neck though this is MY LOWWER BACK.
that can happen. Scar tissue tends to be differnt from regular tissue because some of the pores can be easily blocked, leading to boils and pimples.

Clean it and see a dermatologist. you may need to have it lanced. You can apply warm compresses to it to make the boil come to a head, (when there is a white dot on top like w/a pimple).

TTYL
Cindie
(martikadragoon, CL dermatology)