Large bump on face after injury
hello, i have a large very hard bump on my face after an injury. i fell out of my bunk bed and hit a desk causing swelling and brusing in my cheek. at first i thought the bump was just swelling, but it has been two or three weeks and all the other swelling has gone down. the bump is discolored and very hard, it doesnt feel like swelling at all. i am not sure what it could be. is it a cyst?
The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

In your case, as the symptoms are persisting for more than 3 weeks,so it may be due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. This blood may need to be drained. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i went to the doctor yesterday and the took a scan of my face(i cant remember what it is called). they said that there was nothing to worry about and that it should go away in one to two months. he said that the bump was caused by hemotoma that has been hardened. he advised me to put heat on it and massage the bump. is this normal or do you think i should try and get it drained? also, if it will take two months to heal, what should i do to make it go away faster and what should i do to treat it???
Warm compresses is the first line of treatment for hematoma. Also keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. If the symptoms persist then you may need to get it drained. A dermatologist/ surgeon can be contacted for the same.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.