Large green bump on my daughters scalp?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Large green bump on my daughters scalp?

Ok so long story short I have regained custody of my 7year old daughter and i noticed about a month ago she had a small scab like bump on her head and i said something to her step mother whom is a doctors assistant. She said it was just a scab and picked it off. Now Ive noticed its about the size of a dime maybe a little bigger and its green. She says it hurts when i go near it. Im unable to take her to her doctor for another week due to her medical getting switched from one family to another. But its honestly worring me. Anyone know what it could be or what has caused it? I dont know if this is a complete emergency for the Er, but even a doctors assistant dont know what it is please help!
Tags: large green bump, scalp, child, help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It is very difficult for me to confirm anything without an external examination. Scalp scabs can be seen in conditions like eczema or atopic dermatitis. There are small red or brown colored patches, which can look like scabs. There is extreme itching which leads to scratching and scabbing. Psoriasis can cause dry scaly red patches on the scalp. Is this bump tender? If it is tender then it could possibly be an enlarged lymph node. Any scalp infection, dandruff can lead to enlarged lymph nodes. It is best to get it checked by a Paediatrician.Only a complete clinical examination can help in detecting the exact cause. Do write to me again.
Take care and regards!