Large mosquito bite reaction
When I was 17 years old (I am now 24) I started to develop large local reactions to mosquito bites with induration and erythema. The affected skin is also very warm to the touch. Swelling begins a few hours to a day after I am bitten and continues for about 24 hours after onset. My most recent affected area is between 3 and 4 inches in diameter. I was just wondering what could cause this very uncomfortable condition. Thank you for your time!

Amanda
This reaction is called hives. Hives are raised, often itchy, red welts on the surface of the skin.
When you have an allergic reaction to a substance, histamine and other chemicals are released into your bloodstream, causing itching, swelling, and other symptoms.

Many substances can trigger hives:
Medications
Shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, and other foods
Pollen
Animal dander (especially cats)
Insect bites.

The symptoms are itching and swelling of the surface of the skin into red- or skin-colored welts (called wheals) with clearly defined edges. The welts may enlarge, spread, and join together to form larger areas of flat, raised skin. They can also change shape, disappear, and reappear within minutes or hours. The welts tend to start suddenly and resolve quickly.

Treatment is to take antihistamines, which will block the action of histamine which is the mediator for these reactions.
Applying  calamine lotion or cold compresses on the patches will help.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1000845