Large rash on thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Large rash on thighs

To give background,  where I work is very hot. I sweat alot. My underwear can get very wet by end of day. Two weeks ago it was particularly hot, pushing 100 degrees. One evening I noticed my scrotum was very itchy,no pain just itchy. The next morning I noticed it was very red and leathery feeling. No bumps. I used cortaid to help the itching. Two days after that I still had those same symptoms but began getting red pimple sized bumps on the inside of my thighs. These patches of red bumps were not clusters but evenly spaced tightly together on both sides of my inner thighs starting where my scrotum touches them out the distance of the with of my hand. (so picture an area the size of the average man's hand filled evenly with these pimples/blisters)They don't itch but my scrotum still does.

The bumps have turned white and now about a week later they're disappearing  without scabbing over. My scrotum skin is cracking and flacking now as well. I've been using goldbond medicated powder to control the itch and the is all I've used in the past week.

I have been in a monogamous relationship for the past 7 years. I keep telling myself it's a major case of jock itch but the pics look like herpes but a huge area. My anxiety is through the roof. I have a doc appointment later today but I'm going crazy. I can't see how this is herpes
Report
Anyone?