Laser Treatment - Genital Warts
My laser treatment - surgery - is planned for January.  Has anyone had laser surgery for genital warts removal before?

I am worried about the scarring and the recovery part of the surgery.  My Dr. said I would be in bed for about 15 days following the surgery, and that it would take about 1 month to heal completely.  I've heard about horror stories... bad scarring... tissue sticking together... skin not being the same afterwards, and complicated intercourse following the surgery.

Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!
     Thanks for writing in. Laser treatment for genital warts, is nothing but vapourising warts and is reserved for tough to treat warts. Laser treatment is very precise and can be used to treat warts in difficult to reach areas. Laser treatment also has a low risk of damage to surrounding tissue. During the procedure, smoke created from the vapourising tissue is extracted by a machine. This can be quite loud and may be alarming if you haven't been warned. Recurrence rates of warts after laser treatment range between 10% and 40%.
Rate of complications or secondary infections after the treatment are comparatively less with laser treatment as there is very less chance of damage to the surrounding tissues.
Hope this information helps.
Best.
That is great information.  Thank you for sharing.