Laugh lines?
I am a young african american woman. For years I have suffered with dark lines around my mouth, one on each side. they extend from the bottom corner of either side of my nose and continue down to about the top of my lips. I figured they are laugh lines but why are they not just lines? They are very dark in color and I hate my appearance with them. I have used fade creams and they work until I stop using them. Then after about a week or 2 the dark lines slowly come back. Any suggestions on what is causing it and what I can do to clear them and stop them from coming back?
For such laugh lines, topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.