Left Hip Skin Hurting Out Of The Blue?
Hi, my the skin on my upper left hip started hurting for no reason 2 days ago, and it just seems to be getting worse. Its not an agonizing pain, but more of a pain of, for example, wearing a pair of jeans that are too tight for way too long. I don't think it has to do with the muscle because this is just the skin that hurts. It sometimes hurts to touch, but rarley. I started noticing little red bumps around the area today too. What do I do about this?
It is very difficult confirming a diagnosis without examination but it can be shingles. Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the virus that causes chickenpox. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.
My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist to get it evaluated.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

I posted about 2 days ago about the skin around my hip and how it was very sensitive to touch. Well around that same time I began to notice 2 small little bumps on both sides of my pubic bone (lower abdomen). The skin was at first just sensitive to touch and there was so redness or rash anywhere, but now it is really red and looks very much a like a rash. I have a big one on my hip, a medium size one a little bit lower then the one on my hip, and a random spot on my lower back (I noticed that one a little bit before my skin started feeling sensitive, could be the cause?). So I have that which is very uncomftrable and sensitive, and I also have swollen lymph nodes on both ends on my pubic bone. I first thought I had a hernia but the doctor told me it was just a lymph node and it would go away, but it is starting to hurt more. When I went to the doctor (at this time no rash was on my hip or anything) I mentioned my sensitive skin, but during that time it felt as if it was getting better, so I did not make a big deal out of it, but when I got home I was wrong. Another thing about the lymph nodes is that, both of them are swollen, but the one on the left side ( right beside the rash) that is the one that is very painful. The other one (on right side) feels like nothing is there unless you touch there and notice the small bump. I am planning on going back to the doctor again, obviously, but I am just wondering what this could be?
Thanks!
Since you have mentioned that you have 3-4 such spots, so the other possibility is of Fordyce spots. They are small, painless, pale spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. Both penile melanosis or Fordyce spots are not symptomatic of penile malignancy and are harmless.

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Sorry replied to an earlier post first.
Since you are having redness of the skin along with swollen lymph nodes, so the other possibility is of a boil or a carbuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. So bacterial skin infection could have been responsible for swelling of the lymph nodes.
Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. But make sure to consult your dermatologist before using them. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and regards.