Left Leg Shin Reoccurring Blister Over Old Would
About 2 months prior, dry skin developed a sore on the left leg shin about six inches above the ankle.  The skin area was very dry and a round spot (about the size of a half dollar coin) of the skin began to break down until it became a open sore.  It took over a month to heal with treatment.

Now that same area is developing blisters.  I developes evenly as one blister.  It doesn't hurt.  I put ointment on it to relieve dry skin and it broke open.  Water came pouring out.  So I pushed the rest of the water out, cleaned/dryed area, left the skin from the blister on, then dressed to prevent infection.  The next day, the area had blistered again and every time I drain it, the blister keeps reforming in the same spot.  

After the last drain, I gooped a generous amount of salve (containing bentonite clay in a base of vegetable and herbal oils).  So far, it's keeping the skin from drying and appears to help keep it drained.  Ever so often I get a slight dribble, but it hasn't filled up again.  The last time I did this, it worked until I stopped using the salve.  Then the process started all over again.

Forgot to mention that I'm prone to edema in legs.  It requires constant vigilance to try to keep it under control.
It is very unusual for the blister to be forming on the same spot again and again. From the symptoms one possibility is of diabetic bullae. Did you get your blood sugar levels evaluated recently? They are blister-like lesions that occur spontaneously on the feet and hands of diabetic patients. These are blisters filled with a clear, sterile viscous fluid and normally heal spontaneously within 2-5 weeks without scarring and atrophy. My sincere advice would be to get them evaluated from a dermatologist, get a culture sensitivity of the discharge from the blister and your blood sugar levels done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

Thanks for the response.  I'll get it checked out.

The other night I began to experience some pain during the night.  When I woke, I found the sore had leaked yellow liquid, just slightly thicker than water.  It ran down my leg.  I cleaned the area, applied Neosporin, and dressed the area.  Today it looks like it's starting to scab.

I'll get checked for diabetes.  I don't have any money, not old enough for medicare, so I'm trying to find a place that accomodates low income.  

I finally found a job care giving for an elderly stroke patient.  It's been very hard on me.  It's only 4 hours, but I'm so exhausted after.  It's not that it's a difficult job, just difficult for me.  10 years ago I could have done this easily.  Trying to find something else not so physically demanding of me.