Leg Indentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Leg Indentation

My daughter had really bad hives / allergies back in 6/25/08 when Sacramento, CA had a lot of smoke in the Valley and we took her into Med 7 of Folsom they ended up giving her a kenallog shot to reduce the allergy attack because Benadryl only removed the hives for a short period of time. Then that same day we had taken her a couple of hours later to Mercy of Folson, CA to the emergency room because she was worst then before she got the kenallog shot. Finally a doctor recommended Zertec which cleared her hives up and we just kept giving her small dosages every time she broke out in hives until they finally disappeared. About a month after she had her kenallog shot she had a small little mark on her leg in the same area that the doctor administered the kenallog shot and It looked kind of white/purplish and the size of a dime indentation. Over time the indentation got wider in her leg and at first we just thought it would just go away, so a couple of days ago I called the advice nurse because that small indentaiton over 6 months has now turned into an indentation about the size of a half dollar. So, I made a doctors appointment for Josslyn and when the doctor looked at her leg he measured the area and referred me to a skin doctor. He said they may have to do an MRI, but I'm a bit nervous/scared because my daughter is only three and I am clueless to what this could be? Do you have any idea of what can cause such a reaction? Or has there been any reactions like this to Kenallog considering that it does have a miminal amount of steriods in it? Thank you!
http://www.medications.com/drugs/kenalog

Please visit this website above for any indentations from kenalog injections and you can report to the FDA address below.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/medwatch-online.htm