Legs itch while standing....

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Legs itch while standing....

I am writing as recently I have had a problem with my lower legs (shins and top of feet) itching execessively. The itching starts when I stand in one position for a few mins, ie: washing dishes, laundry. and it also occurs if I'm on my feet for 10mins or longer. Grocery shopping is a pain. I am 30yr white female and only medical problems are discs/nerve damage to right side, elevated LDL and asthma. asthma is controlled without meds.  I use hydrophyllic ointment daily to ensure my skin doesn't get dried out, have not changed any foods or detergents and my medications have remained the same. I had lumbar fusion and laminectomy in 3/07 and this started after that. I have nerve damage to the right leg but the itching is to both. My blood pressure has fluctuated from normal to prehyper since my surgery and I am not on medication for BP as it generally stays in normal range. I can't figure out why this itching has all of a sudden occured and happens several times a day. I have taken oral benadryl, use benadryl ointment on the areas and that only seems to calm for a short bit. Any suggestions of what to do or it could be?
  • itchy legs (37 replies):
    This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of ras...[more]
Avatar n tn
correction, surgery was in 3/09 and no rash or skin irritation is evident.