Aa
A
A
Close
Legs itch while standing....
Hello,
I am writing as recently I have had a problem with my lower legs (shins and top of feet) itching execessively. The itching starts when I stand in one position for a few mins, ie: washing dishes, laundry. and it also occurs if I'm on my feet for 10mins or longer. Grocery shopping is a pain. I am 30yr white female and only medical problems are discs/nerve damage to right side, elevated LDL and asthma. asthma is controlled without meds.  I use hydrophyllic ointment daily to ensure my skin doesn't get dried out, have not changed any foods or detergents and my medications have remained the same. I had lumbar fusion and laminectomy in 3/07 and this started after that. I have nerve damage to the right leg but the itching is to both. My blood pressure has fluctuated from normal to prehyper since my surgery and I am not on medication for BP as it generally stays in normal range. I can't figure out why this itching has all of a sudden occured and happens several times a day. I have taken oral benadryl, use benadryl ointment on the areas and that only seems to calm for a short bit. Any suggestions of what to do or it could be?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
correction, surgery was in 3/09 and no rash or skin irritation is evident.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources