Legs itching while standing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Legs itching while standing

Since I was little, I've had problems with my legs itching and burning after standing for more than 5 minutes or so. It seems to be progressively getting worse. At first, after sitting down, it would go away in about 5 or 10 minutes. Now it takes 30 minutes to an hour, or sometimes longer for the burning and itching to stop. I've also noticed that in the past couple of years, my legs have also started to get a green, red, and purple color to them after standing for too long. And if I don't sit down after 15 or 20 mintues, I run the risk of possibly fainting. I've seen a doctor about this and said it wasn't circulation because my pulse was the same while sitting and standing, and that they have no idea what it is. Please help! It's driving me crazy!