Dermatology Expert Forum
Lesion on vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Lesion on vagina

I am a 40 year old woman.  I recently discovered a small bump on my vagina.  It's about the size of a very large pimple.  In the mirror it appears to be brown.  It doesn't hurt.  I showed my primary care physician and he doesn't know what it is.  He said, "I don't think it's melanoma, but you should have a dermatologist check it out."  He said it looked purplish to him under his strong light.  He did not seem concerned at all.  I also noticed 4 other very small dark brown spots (size of pin-head) that may be the same thing starting.  I do have an appointment in 3 weeks with a dermatologist, but I am very nervous about what it could be.  Any ideas?
Sue:

Don't worry.  Your description doesn't come close to matching that of a melanoma, or any other cancer for that matter.  My advice is to leave the area alone (ni close examination or squeezong to confuse the issue.)  Kepp the appointment, and you'll almost surely find out it's a cyst or cloged pore or something similarly trivial and innocuous.

Best.

Dr. R
I'm 26 year old woman. Why if I'm urinating I feel burning sensation. I've been to my doctor and he gave antibiotic. But its still hurting and burning when I urinate.
Saw the dermatologist today.  The original "bump" has reduced in size although it is still there.  I also have 5-6 other small similiar looking spots.  The doctor thought they were raised blood vessels.  He told me to check them monthly and return if they change in anyway.  He said he didn't think it was anything to be concerned about.

Have you heard of this condition?  The doctor said it has a name, but he couldn't remember what it was.

Thanks.
I am experiencing the same thing.  A couple of years ago I had a cluster of eight small pigmented lesions on my vulva.  My GP thought they were small hemangiomas.  Now, I have four different clusters of these lesions and there are over 25 of them.  They don't change size nor are they uncomfortable at all.  They just keep coming.  I'm assured that they are not anything to worry about.
A related discussion, I need information on growths was started.
A related discussion, curious was started.
A related discussion, understanding was started.
A related discussion, skin problem was started.
A related discussion, hair management tips was started.