Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
Is there any permanent cure of Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis?

This discussion is related to Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis.
Leukocytoclastic vasculitis is usually due to a hypersensitivity reaction to a known drug, auto-antigens or infectious agents such as bacteria.

The most important part of the treatment is to eliminate the cause of the vasculitis, if it is possible.

It may take a thorough physical examination, chest X-ray, ESR and biochemical organ tests besides  tests for hepatitis virus, antinuclear antibodies, rheumatoid factor and cryoglobulins which would all aid in the process of finding out the cause.

If the underlying condition can be identified then with appropriate management, the Immune complex formation which causes the blood vesel damage can be interrupted thus preventing its  lodgeing in the vessel wall.

As such there is no permanent cure for the condition, immunosuppressive agents are required when there is organ damage.

ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersensitivity_vasculitis
I have vasculitis as well as Hep C.  I am waiting to get into a trial with the new protease inhibitor.  In the meantime, my RA Dr. wants to put me on Embrel to stop the inflamation.  I have been on two medrol packs in the past two months.  It's only a temporary solution.  I have some concerns about the side effects of the Embrel.  I realize all drugs have side effects, but I'd like to take the most conservative route if possible.  Do you have any suggestions?  

Thank you,
hopeful435
it is very disturbing dealing with leukocytoclastic vasculitis, special when you general practitioner tells you 'there's nothing else i can do for you" and your dermotologist is trying so hard but not getting anywhere.  if anything the condition keeps getting worst.  any one out there who has gotten so relief??  please share.  
it is very disturbing dealing with leukocytoclastic vasculitis, special when your general practitioner tells you 'there's nothing else i can do for you" and your dermotologist is trying so hard but not getting anywhere.  if anything the condition keeps getting worst.  any one out there who has gotten some relief??  please share.  
Try to get The Doctors on TV to do a program on leukocytoclastic V.
My case is similar to yours, but I've only had it for a year.  My Internist tells me that it will eventually go away, but after reading yours, I doubt it!
(The Doctors TV.com)
I had vasculities i took no medicine. I wanted to find a cure with no drugs or surgery. I cured it, or put it on permenant remission by drinking only water and taking 2 tablespoons of liquid coral calcium everyday. If you want to know more info on why this worked please let let me know.
HI.
yes please i want to know how to cure it .i have leukocytoclastic vasculitis which was started in 1999 then in 2001 but then stopped and gone but the lumpy ,inflammed feeling and painful skin nerve was always there but all was good on the skin but it has reoccured again now in november 2011
thanks
shailja
I discovered I have this disease a year ago and in severe pain. I can not get any help regarding my pain. Do you have any suggestions? I do my best to continue to work 70 hours a week to keep my home. All my discomfort in internally. I only had one out burst on my skin that hospitalized me and th e diagnosis was discovered.
Cindy
I would like some more information on what you are doing diet wise as well as the coral calcium.   I was diagnosed with Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis the first of this year and it had spread on both of my feet, up my legs and started on the backs of my hands as well as a little starts on my forearms.  Several of the spots became very large and developed into large (some quarter size) open wounds.  I had no idea what was going on and had waited way too long before I finally went to a dermatologist.  He put me on 80 mg of prednisone and I can't even begin to tell you the side effects I had.  I am off the pred now and it did stop the vasculitis, but in the last month I've started to see scattered new spots appear.   I have found some of the coral calcium in capsule form.  What is the dose you recommend taking.   Thanks for any advice you can give.
Hello Veronica, please tell me more about your vasculitis remission.  I have had it for a year and nothing works but steroids, which my doctor has taken me off of; and I am totally covered in hives and not feeling well at all.  The other medications I take to try and stop the hives, do not work at all.  In fact the keep me drowsy and I am desperate for a cure.  Can you please tell me more about your results and where can I get the suppliment you took?  Thanks, Veronicawalks
I had this condition for about 15 years and after going from one doctor to another without a solution from any of them I was ready to throw in the towel. Then, with nothing to lose I went to see a chinese Doctor. luckily I was able to find one from Beijing of all places. Her approach to this condition was completely different. Firstly she revealed that the cause was a result of  toxins in my body and she treated me for that. I'm proud to say that I''m now cured.  
Hi Fabgro,
I have this condition when I was 18, now in my 50's I still continue to go to Dermatologist. Could you tell me more details please, after you are cured.
Your information to help other people is a commendable virtue ... Thank you.
wow..really?..can you share that info to me thanks a lot..,my email is ***@****
hi ,..is anyone here tried a pemf pulse machine?..is it really working in lcv?...i have also lcv and im still hoping for a cure..any suggestions?..
Veronica please give me more details as to how this helps cure? And was the coral calcium a solid or liquid?
Could you please share what the Chinese doctor recommended you take to cure your vasculitis?

Barb