Lichen planus on shin? treatment and causes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My wife has this dry skin kind of rash on her shin. It is exactly what lichen planus looks like.
It was only on one spot at the beginning but now its spreading up her shin. Does anyone know any kind of medication oinment or cream that can cure this and what causes it? She has it since i met her and i dont. It is not contagious from what i know. Please help
First of all you should get it examined to confirm whether it is lichen planus. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes.Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids,retinoids,hydroquinone and phototherapy.

Also sometimes the trigger may be an allergen and in that case, you'll be advised to avoid the allergen, and you may consult an allergist for your wife.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.