Lichen planus stubborn on groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lichen planus stubborn on groin

Well I was first prescribed to a topical solution, however after 6 months of application,no luck.  Sought a new dermatologist and was prescribed taclonex.  I'm nervous because it says do not use on genitals. What do I do. This is causing me intimacy issues to this point.its on the head of my peni, and not to noticeable, but when erect, imminent
In lichen planus, topical corticosteroid creams may be of help. In more severe cases, oral medications like steroids and immunosuppressive medicines or therapy with ultraviolet light may be useful. You can talk to your dermatologist about steroids and ultraviolet therapy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.