Lichens Simplex only goes away TEMPORARILY

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have been diagnosed with LSC. I have tried many many creams. Hydrocortisone, Desonide cream etc etc. All these creams make it go away for two weeks at the most before I feel the uncomfortable sensation and then the final result after about another week. The irritation is between my butt cheeks above my anus. It is horrible. It gets so sore and raw that it bleeds when I go to the bathroom. The blood DOES NOT come from my anus or stools but only from my skin.

Please someone help me with a solution that will keep this away. I've been dealing with it for years and it's still unsolved. Thanks!

This discussion is related to Lichen simplex chronicus.

Lichen Simplex Chronicus is seen in people with eczema. It is treated like chronic eczema by decreasing water and soap contact, and applying emollients. Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed for which I suggest you to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.