Light skin discoloration around neck
I have two patches of very lightly discolored skin around my neck. The skin itself is darker than normal, but not by much. The patches are relatively small, but non-uniform in shape. The texture is smooth, and the color is uniform.

I've searched around a bit and haven't been able to find much.
It can be due to tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities.Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.
Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral. You can also use selsun shampoo on these white patches.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Other possibilities have to be ruled out then. I suggest you a dermatologist’s examination to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.