Lines & wrinkling in fingers and palms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lines & wrinkling in fingers and palms

For the last few months the palms of my hands and my fingertips have been getting these deep lines in them and my fingertips are also wrinkled - they feel like I've soaked my hands in water for hours.  It's been getting a bit worse as time goes by. Anyone have any idea what could be the problems?
The same thing is happening to me, my doctor gave me a steroid cream but it seems to be making it worse.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I do not have a specific differential in mind at this point.I just need some clarifications:

What were the surrounding events and circumstancs that could have caused your condition?

Have you been recently using some harsh cleansers, exposed your hands to certain chemicals, been submerging your hands in water for a prolonged period of time?

Have you had this before when you were young?

Do you have any other underlying disease like hormone problems and allergies?

Is there any other part of the body that presents silmilarly with wrinkled skin?

Do your hands itch? Are there scales, lesions, lumps,bumps?

Are your hands painful?
When I first noticed the wrinkles in my fingertips I thought it would go away with lotion.  I think I was exposed to some kind of harsh cleaner at work, but I'm not sure.  I've never had any prior problems. No health allergies.  No bumps, scales or lesions, and they don't itch.  My fingetips are very sensitive though.  I went to the doctor for them and they gave me a steroid ointment called Clobetasol Propionate 0.05% it doesn't seem to be doing the job.  I plan to revisit the doctor this week,  my problem has been ongoing now for about a month.  It's quite annoying!
Hi. I have had the exact same issue going on with my index and forefinger on my left hand only. The lines are not just up and down, they run diagonol as well. This is accompanied by clear bumps under the skin and has been re-occuring every week for more than two years now. The dermatologist I saw said it was eczema and put me on Vanos but it isn't helping (over a month of using Vanos). One additional thing to note is that the symptoms on the index finger are also accompanied by dark brown lines in several places under the fingernail. I haven't been exposed to harsh chemicals that I am aware of. The only thing is several years ago (15-20) I had a scaley, itchy patch of skin on the back of the left hand which went away and would only occur once or twice a year. I haven't experienced that issue in a long time. It almost seems like it migrated to the front of the hand. It is not really itchy now but the skin peels away while the wrinking and lines appear.

Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you so much. NOVAJIM
"Do you have any other underlying disease like hormone problems and allergies?"

What kind of hormone problem could cause this?

I am having the same problem recently. I am 62 yrs old, but my hands were always soft and not so many wrinkles. Then, it seemed like suddenly, my palms and fingers looked like I was 80 yrs old. My fingers look like they were soaking in water all day, and they feel like it too. There are verticle lines from my finger tips all the way down my fingers, and many more wrinkle on my palms.  I have not touched any chemicals, but I have been under more stress and not sleeping well at all for several months. I have some arthritis problems with back, etc and my back flared up so badly that I could not walk for 3 weeks and was bedridden. I ended up with a pressure sore which the doctor said was really strange, especially in the area it was in, and since that time, my hands have wrinkled overnight. I wonder if it had anything to do with extreme pain. I had the ambulance take me to hospital for injections as I was screaming with pain and not able to walk or sleep. It must have all come out on my hands, but now I look 82 instead of 62. I don't have wrinkles on my face either, so I don't think it is age, especially when it came on so fast. Any answers?