Lip Condition
My top lip starts to feel rough and then when I apply Hydrogen peroxide to clean it, tiny little white dots appear and my lip burns? What are these little white dots that dry my lips and make them feel rough? Its the second time it has happened to me, I'm a medical students and I don't think its viral (herpes) because it doesnt have the vesicles and I don't think its Staph Aureus because it does not crust like a staph infection usually does

Since when are you having the symptoms? What is your age? Do you smoke?

Some causes of the symptoms you mention, could be lip biting, lip licking, Vit.B2 deficiency, smoking, overexposure to sun and ill fitting dentures. In extreme cases, this could be due to bacterial or fungal skin infection.

You need to drink plenty of water daily – around 1.5 – 3 litres per day and eat a balanced diet. Do not keep your lips dry; apply lip balm which contains sunscreen – preferably a medicated one.

If you have cracks at the corner of your mouth it indicates B2 deficiency in this case you need to take B2 supplements.

If the symptoms still persist, consult your skin specialist or dermatologist.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.