Dermatology Community
Lip Problems :/
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lip Problems :/

I am getting very frustrated. My life has been paused for 3 months because of this. I had gotten a cold sore...so i thought ...before christmas. It started out as one small red bump off center on the bottom lip. I right away freak out and start searching things to do to get rid of it. I have had cold sores before since i was 6 or maybe even younger. Anyways i start putting ice on it and then i read about salt so i put salt on it and left it there. I wasn't even sure if it was a cold sore or not. Now I'm pretty sure its a scar but theres a red mark there and its been there for 3 months. Sometimes it look completely gone and sometimes its like fire. A couple weeks after that cold sore.. or what ever it was.. i get this bump again on my bottom lip and i start freaking out i don't touch it because i don't want another red mark so i put rubbing alcohol on it and the next day its gone. Little did i know the next couple of weeks several bombs popped up. I freaked out. I got prescribed acyclovir and it didn't go away. A month an a half passes and I'm still getting random bumps that leave and come when they please. I then realize when my lip dries out and i look really closely there is liquid coming out of where these bumps where. My bottom lip is swollen I'm pretty sure i can never tell because my lips are big to begin with but i also had one swollen lymph node behind my right ear for about 3 months too but its gone way down it still a little swollen but deffinately not like how it was i have tired valtrex the brand one and the generic one nothing seems to help. I don't know what it is and i would really like to get my life back on track this whole thing has made me so depressed its horrible :/ also my lips are a little more wrinkly then they usually are.