Lip Vitiligo - Help required

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lip Vitiligo - Help required

I am laxman and I hail from South India .Recently,I observed a

small white line across the inner lining of my upper lip and

slightly in the mucous membranes of the lower lip I havent observed

it in any other parts of my body I consulted a couple of

dermatologists and I was informed it as vitiligo Here is the

prescription am following now

In the Morning
1.TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE ORAL PASTE(KENACORT 0.1%)

Afternoon
2.TACROZ FORTE(TACROLIMUS OINTMENT 0.1%W/W)

Before going to Bed and show it to early morning Sunlight for 5

mins before brush
3.MELGAIN LOTION(For Two days)

For every Third day evening
4.MELANOCYL(METHOXSALEN TOPICAL SOLUTION U.S.P)

After Dinner
5.EXERGE/OXYGUARD TABLETS
Please let me know whether am on the right track.Do I need to

follow any herbal or ayurvedic medicine .Enclosed are the pictures

of my Lip.Please reply me at the earliest as am going to get

engaged and I came to know about this recently and am totally

depressed.Please check out my photos under applications photos
The treatment of vitiligo mainly consists of steroids, immunomodulators, psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting,micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants. You have been prescribed good topical treatments. Just follow your doctor’s advice and nothing else is need. Also take precaution while applying Malanocyl as it is not be applied during the day under sunlight and should be very cautiously used as advised by your doctor. Methoxsalen(Malanocyl) is a very strong medicine that increases the skin's sensitivity to sunlight. In addition to causing serious sunburns if not properly used, it has been reported to increase the chance of skin cancer.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Sir,

I stopped using Melanocyl and only applying Melgain in the night.

I was traveling couple of days ago and had a stressful journey and I was not able to apply any ointments. Also, I drank some cold water. I had burning sensation on my upper lip after that and I even observe now that the thickness of the white line across my upper lip has increased a little.

Please advise.

Thanks.
For such burning sensation on the lips, Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hi Doctor,
I read all you feedback & really helped me. Since last 2 years I do have stable vitiligo. I just had Melanocyte Transplants last week. I have few quaries like how much time will it take normally to retain pigmentation. I am little worried as not seeing any progress till now. Please advice.

Regards
Rahul
Mam,
I have thin white patches in my lower lips. i already use all the above medicines as u discussed; but unfortunately after using all that only increased,....now it is looks like severe patch in lower lips. What is the surgical remedies in this case.
my daughter aged 13 years have only one white patch on knee she is prescribed melgain lotion tacrolimus ointment 1%, dicaris tablet50 mg(levamisol 50 mg) melanocyl tablets (methoxasalen) o.d I am confused about two different dermatologists prescriptions one has advised melgain in night other has in day followed by sun exposure. one has written melanocyl tab once a day other has not written this tab. he has prescribed only dicaris twice a week kindly advice me the best timing of melgain lotion and also advice me whether to take melanocyl tab or not.
Regards
Manav Kapoor