Lip burning and chapped lips for 7 months

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

This year Feb, I have started problem of tingling sensation on upper half(left) of the lip and then within couple of days my lips started becoming dry and chapped. After a week my both upper and lower half  (left side) lips  started soring and burning too. Still today I have this problem and intensity is less as compared to when it started( still this problem is more in upper and lower half of the lips but sometime it's for entire lower lip)...... But problem is still there for last 7 months, I can feel most of the time my lips are kind of sored. I am fine in morning time but as days goes on, I can feel that my lips are sored though pain is very bearable. Whenever I get exposed to sun the lips starts burning more along with soring sensation (even with very less exposure to sun). Also, I observed that whenever I go to see my Dentist and keep my mounth open for a long time, my lips becomes little bit white and extreme dry/chapped.
I never had this problem before and do not have any family history. I have shown it to my Family physician, Dermitologiest and Nurologist to see whether I have any problem with infection,allergy, nerves etc but nobody is able to diagnostic it yet. Now they are asking me to go to ENT specialist. Don't know whether it will help.
Any expert opinion on what is it and how I can get rid of this? Is it herpes, allergy or any other infection?
Thanks,
Avatar dr m tn
It can be due to vitamin B deficiency or atopic dermatitis. Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.
Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

If the condition still persists or there is deep cracking in the region of your mouth,then pls consult your doctor as it can be due to infection(Angular Cheilitis).Antibiotics are needed in such cases.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.