Lip rash and cuts

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lip rash and cuts

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. The past 4 weeks ive been getting rashes that turn into cuts in the corner of my lips. They go away and they come back costantly. I use to be bulimic and I dont know if that has to do with it. Please I could use with some help
The acid in vomit from when you were bulimic may have caused this irritation. Coldsores may occur when you are unwell, they are usually easy to distinguish because of their tingling sensation and crusty appearance. Coldsores can be treated with an over-the-counter cream such as Zovirax.
When I used Roaccutane I had cuts at the corners of my lips, due to dryness, and I used Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream.
ok I've doen alot of research and im positive their not cold sores because, there is never blisters or anything its just a rash that becomse a small cut and then disapperas in a couple days and then it happens again tho. SO im positive they are not cold sores
and it never crusts over
some other thigns that might help is that the side that keeps getting rash my filling is falling out and causing alot of pain, the nose on that side bleeds alot too. it never lasts long enough to be cold sores and there is never a yellow crust of any bumps. I really need some help
From the description of your symptoms it can be angular cheilitis. Mostly caused by a fungal infection, it  is an inflammatory lesion at the corner of the mouth and manifests as deep cracks or splits.

Dry out the lesions completely by patting and air drying after washing with a mild soap and use petroleum jelly or Vaseline to lock out moisture. It is vital that the affected areas be clean and completely dry before application of the jelly. You can also apply small amounts of athlete’s foot cream which is available over the counter.

If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist as oral antimicrobials may be needed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks alot that really has eased my mind. I do have an appointment to get it checked out. I had noticed that it seemed to come when i ate beef or had creme, so im also trying to stay away from those. But thank you soo much.