Lip skin wont grow back?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lip skin wont grow back?

About 3 years ago i was on a school trip my lips was really swollen and crispy for about 3 days.  When i got back home i put some vaseline on them and thought it would be it, but a few days after i realized there was no skin on my lips any more. After 3 years it havent grown back out? My doctor gave me some Bactroban and said it might help, but it hasen't. Is there something else that can make it grow back out?
Tags: lips, Skin, wont, grow, Back
First of all, it is important to rule out any vitamin B deficiency which can cause such lip symptoms. Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.
Secondly,it can be due to atopic dermatitis or eczema("Atopic" refers to a group of diseases where there is often an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever). Cheilitis(Inflammation of the skin on and around the lips)is often seen in atopic dermatitis.Diagnosed by bld test like RAST.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.