Liquid Nitrogen Treatment

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Liquid Nitrogen Treatment

I had liquid nitrogen applied to a age spot on my face. How to I care for the area following the treatment? Any specific creams that I should be using??
After liquid nitrogen treatment, you should leave the area open to the air if possible. It may take 5-10 days for complete healing. Sometimes there is oozing from the wound. In that case, please apply Neosporin cream . You may notice a darkening or lightening of the pigment in the areas where the liquid nitrogen has been used. This may be temporary or permanent.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.