Little Itchy Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Little Itchy Bumps

About 8 months ago I was cutting a tree up. The tree was surrounded by tall weeds. About 3 days later I started to itch extremely bad. I thought that I had got poison ivy or poison oak. I went to the doctor and he gave me some steroids to take. I took them and they did not work. I then went to the local pharmacy to find something I could use. I found a little bottle of cream that was supposed to get rid of any skin irritation. This did not work. So now I do not know what to do. These little bumps just pop up randomly, itch for about 5 minutes and then go away. I also itch everywhere else too. But before I will start to itch the bump will already form. It looks like a mosquito bite but it does not itch until it is a big red bump. I cant help but scratch it. What is weird about them is that let's say I have one of these bumps on the back of my hand. I hold my hand down and let blood rush to it. The bump goes white while everything else turns red like normal. I would really love a little insight on what this might be. Thank you!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis. You may take oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or zyrtec. Also apply calamine lotion as it has a soothing effect on the skin. You can apply steroid cream but it is available after prescriptions. If the symptoms are severe then oral steroids may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
I will take your advice. Thank you.