Little Itchy Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Little Itchy Bumps

I have some itchy little bumps on my inner thigh and on my butt cheeks near my butt crack. They are constantly itching. They are not noticeable at all but if you feel it you can feel the bumps. I do not have sexual intercourse. I do although sweat a lot on my butt and between my legs, but I know what sweat bumps are and this is nothing like it. These are little pin size itch bites or something. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night to scratch and it feels so inflamed, but I'm also scratching throughout the day. I try my best not to scratch but it doesn't seem to be a rash because it is also not spreading. I put Baby Lotion on to soothe the itch but I have no idea what it is.
It looks like sweat dermatitis or heat rash to me. It tends to occur on areas of the body where skin touches skin, such as under the breasts, on the inner thighs, and under the arms. Tiny red spots with itching and pricking sensation are the characteristic appearance of this rash.

Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.