Little Red Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Little Red Bumps

I also have little red bumps popping up on my skin. They are on my arms, legs, and belly. Like Tommy (the original question I found, same situation, they are too small to be mosquito bites, and I don't lay in the grass to get chiggers. One of the doctors said something about it being a heat rash  and using benadryl cream for the itch. How can heat rash be prevented? Does suntan lotion help?

This discussion is related to tiny little red itchy bumps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

Heat rash, sweat rash or miliaria may be prevented by avoiding direct sun exposure. Sweating may only aggravate the condition and for some photosenstivity reactions my occur. Sunblock may help but this does not seem to be necessary as the mechanism for developing  a sweat rash has something to do with the sweat blocking the sweat glands. Sun block cream protects you from UV yet it does not prevent sweating.

"Miliaria (Prickly Heat) occurs when the sweat gland ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria such as Staphylococcus epidermidis,a common bacterium that occurs on the skin which is also associated with acne.The trapped sweat leads to irritation (prickling), itching and to a rash of very small blisters, usually in a localized area of the skin."
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria

Thus, topical steroid creams or antibacterials with camphor and menthol for cooling and soothing effects may be initiated. Sunblocks seldom play a role, since heat rash usually occurs in covered areas of the body.

well, it isn't heat rash. Guess I'll have to check with a doctor. It isn't chiggers, because it isn't just around the shoulders or waste (I learned that they develop where tight clothing is , right? But someone said something about scabies or dust mites. Any way to know for sure which one it is?
i have little red dots along the sides of my face, up high before my eyebrow &close to my hairline . they are also some on my neck &
on my chest . they do not itch at all . i just noticed them yesterday and they are still there . they are not bumps, they're dots . very very small like the size of the point of a saftey pin . they do not raise above the skin, they just look like youre poking me with a very very thin red marker . what could this be ? please help me, thank you .
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Sweat rash, dust mites, scabies, dermatitis, solar reactions or allergies may be differentials here as they do present in these areas also. A red rash over the extremities and over the torso  may have dermatitis as a differential also. If they itch then an allergic dermatitis may have to be considered. Scabies may present in the digits and also in areas that may be intertriginous like the groin. They may present with a linear rash with vesicles and they may itch terribly.

I suggest you pursue your physician consult. A red rash is very nonspecific and may encompass several conditions.
I have little red itchy bumps in the same places lily, I too thought it might be scabies i dunno, i have 2 small dogs in the house & i read somewhere its common small dogs can carry them, & my itching is more @ night & that was another common symptom, I also felt a few bumps between my toes & that too was another sign that it could be scabies, I'm using hydrocorzine its relives it for a lil while, if if persist i'll have to see a doctor, hopefully we can figure it out, keep me posted on anything u find out, we may have the same thing
me too..been experiencing the same thing since 5days afterunprotected exposure.Still ver worried. Tested HIV herpes and all came negative..Its been nearly 2months the bumps outbreak. Funny thing is 1 or three bumps appear today and disappear tomorow But came back at another spot the next day.