Dermatology Expert Forum
Little Red bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Little Red bumps

Doc:

I had unprotected oral sex about 3 months ago with someone besides my wife.  Since then i have had epididimitis, which has been cured with the help of antibiotics.  however at the same time I also have had small red bumps that appear around the circumfrence of my penis.  There is no other sign anywhere on the glans (glands) penis or on the shaft. They get worse with friction ie sex and masterbation (masturbation).  although they have persistently been there for 3 months tehy do tend to get more inflamed from time to time.

However they never pop blister or scab.  theyh are more prevelent on the left side, with a small itchy patch below the ridge of the circumfrance of the penis on the shaft that can be itchy from time to time.

I tried hydrocortesone cream but that seemed to make it worse

i then tried Jock itch cream which at first i thought was helping a little bit after a few days, but i stopped due to itching and irritation

My only other symptoms have been a general run down feeling, which could be from other things going on in my life.

My wife has not expressed any other symptoms as she has engaged with me in unprotected vaginal sex.

1. could this be molluscum contagium? or hsv2?

2. what else could this possibly be?

I know it is hard to diagnose without seeing them, however please let me know what you might suspect.

thanks in advance
As best I can tell, you have pearly penile papules.  These are normal.  They have nothing to do with herpes or STD's.  Please leave them alone and show them to a doctor so you will know for sure.  Then relax.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
As a follow up:

The skin on the shaft adjacent to the head of the penis where the bumps are does get red sometimes.  If it is there, it will be gone within a day or two, and it is shiny and pink
Doc:  Here is a picture from the growth on the circumfrence of my penis

http://img143.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img143/9773/1220921781u1b.smil
A related discussion, Itching burning scrotum was started.
A related discussion, Please help me finding what is bothering me was started.