Dermatology Expert Forum
Little bump under skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Little bump under skin.

Hello, my name is Nina. I am very concerned about a lump on my right shoulder. It has been there for a good 5 years but recently it has been a bit painful on my shoulder. Its a little tan in the middle with red around it. It has not changed in any way shape or form. I do see something else around the area. It looks like another small blister. If you rub your finger over the spot you can feel a small lump under there. It hasn't bleed. It doesn't itch. I was worried that it may be skin cancer. When I was 16 I had really bad sun poisoning on my shoulders. I can not remember if this spot was there afterwards or if it just showed up. I do have a visit to my dermatologist on September 3rd. I am very scared and wanted an opinion at least till then. I do have a pinched nerve from my spine to under my armpit. I have pain on this site along with neck and shoulder pain. Please give me some type of advise. Thank you so much.
Nina,

This is almost certainly benign and not cancer.  I am confident that the pain you're feeling has nothing to do with it.  Neither does the sun exposure you had as a kid.  I advise you to ignore it till you see the dermatologist and get the reassuring news in person.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I forgot to add that I have "chicken skin" along with moles on my body from birth. There is a pic on the other forum that I posted if you would like to take a look at it.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/605047