DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Little itchy bumps on skin after beach
by janet312, Aug 19, 2009
I recently went to the beach and when I layed down on a slightly sandy blanket I developed tiny itchy bumps on the front of my thighs, my one arm was over my head and there is also some around that arm pit. It has been four days and condition has not improved. I  showered when I got home later that evening and since. This has never happened before and I have been to many beaches. Please help!

This discussion is related to Itchy, bumpy rash???.
Member Comments (1)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Aug 20, 2009
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis or some insect bite.Apply some calamine lotion and some mild steroid cream on the rash.Also take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.If the symptoms persist then oral steroids may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.