Dermatology Community
Little pimple on eyelash line
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Little pimple on eyelash line

I have what appears to be a tiny tiny pimple on my lash line I'm having no pain no swelling what could this be?
Related Discussions
  • lump over eye (1 replies):
    ok ive had this little lump over my eye for awhile now ...[more]
  • eye (1 replies):
    i have a white dot on the red thing in the cornor of my ...[more]
  • Pimple (1 replies):
    Hello Doctor, So here is my question - I have a coupl...[more]
  • eyelid (3 replies):
    i have a white bump on the inside of my eyelid
  • White lump in eyelid (1 replies):
    I have white pimple like eruption on my lower eyelid. I...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1422814_tn?1333573302
I get these once in while, too.  It's not the painful sty, but rather a flesh-colored tiny bump.  Bumps on the eyelid margin may represent infection, or inspissated oil glands.  It's recommended that you visit an optometrist or opthamologist for diagnosis and treatment.  Usually they'll medically scrape the spot (not painful and very quick) and provide daily eye wipes.  You'll be asked to avoid wearing contacts for a certain amount of time, change your contacts if they're disposable, not wear eye make-up, etc.  The bump is more visually annoying than worrisome.
Blank
I get these all the time too! All I do is pop it like it's a pimple, and it's gone! I don't think you need to worry or go to the doctor...
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be a meibomian gland swelling or chalazion. A chalazion is a cyst in the eyelid that is caused by inflammation of a blocked meibomian gland, usually on the upper eyelid.
Apply hot wet compresses on the swelling and consult an ophthalmologist for topical or systemic antibiotics prescription. If it is a chalazion, then it may need scrapping.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...