Livedo reticularis
I have had livedo reticularis on the back of my hands, arms, legs and tops of my feet for a few weeks now. It is a red/purple lacy rash that seems to get worse when I change temperatures (come inside, wash hands in hot water) or get stressed. What could be causing this kind of rash/condition?

I had a parvovirus b19 infection in spring 2010 and have been suffering post viral symptoms ever since (arthralgia, myalgia, fatigue, sinus tachycardia). I seem to have had a flare up of symptoms recently, including the return of the solid red rash on my cheeks that came with the initial infection, painful lymph nodes and diarreah.

29, female.

LIvedo reticularis appears like a lace-like purplish discoloration of the lower extremities. It can be due to blood diseases, autoimmune (rheumatologic) diseases, heart (cardiovascular) diseases, cancers, and endocrine disorders. In this condition, discoloration is described as lacy or net-like in appearance and may be aggravated by cold exposure. In your case, the same may be happening.

You have to consult a dermatologist so that the exact cause can be found out and treatment started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.