Long lasting Rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Long lasting Rash?

I have had a painless, Red, "pin *****" rash that began on my abdominals and has spread thoroughout that area and onto my groin, under arms, back of knees, and under my breasts. As I understand rashes tend to go to the warm moist areas of the body. The rash tends to flare up after my showers. Initially we thought it was due to a change in dteregent, soap, or something else that may have irritated my skin but after a few days we began to think otherwise. I have had the rash now for about two weeks, and eventhoug it is painless it is still worrisome. The other night I came down with a severe headache and the following day had strep-like symptoms (only lasting a day) of sore throat, headache, neasuea, weakness/ fatigue, diarhea (diarrhea), fever, and vomitting. The next day my fever ws gone and the only thing that lingers is a sore throat. My mother being an RN seems to think it is scarlet fever caused by a dormant strep infection I had about a month ago. I am not so sure as I did not have any strawberry tongue are patches in my mouth. Problem is she is nearly half way across the country and can't see the rash to help. The oldest spots are beginning to fade but the ones in the moist area re bright and it seems to be slowly spreading... I have no idea what this is and if the "strep-like" day and rash are related? Any ideas would be great!  
Tags: rashs, rash
  • weird rash (3 replies):
    for the last weeks I have had this weird rash that is on...[more]
  • Odd Rash (1 replies):
    I have had this rash on my chest, back and a little on m...[more]
  • head &neck rash (1 replies):
    i work in a dog kennel, for 8 wks now i've had small re...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    Dr, I have small and somewhat rounded red rash spots (s...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    doc i have a rash on my neck that has been there for a m...[more]

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine and see if it helps with your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions to help soothe the itching.

You would still need to consult your doctor about the associated symptoms you are having and to rule out a bacterial or viral infection and whether you need a course of antibiotics or other medications.

Let us know about how you are doing and post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
Well they aren't lesions, haven't broken skin, not rasied at all or anything and they don't itch at all... the thing is they are just there and that's about it... nothing more than just there... I have tried Benadryl cream on it, cortizone cream, and other rash creams... just don't seem to do the trick... I have no idea... They don't bother me and wouldn't even know they exist other than the fact I see them.... They are merely worrisome.. I tried looking up all rashes and the pictures and none seem to match...
Doc said folicullitus? Don't think so because it wouldn't be so locally spread! Other than that he cannot count out strep bc the results arent back yet... We'll see!

Have you tried oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications? Have they helped with your symptoms?

What medications has your doctor prescribed? You should reconsult if th e lesions still persist or worsen.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.