Long term red patches around groin?
For going on two years now, I've been noticing reddish discoloration of patches of skin around my groin area.  It isn't on my genitals, just over the top in the pubic area, and onto the topmost inner surface of my thighs.  The spots aren't raised like sores or anything, just a light red discoloration, and they seem to keep the same basic shape, just brightening or fading periodically, but never disappearing completely.  Occasionally it seems to have a very mild itch, but never very badly.  The spots vary in size from about a half a centimeter to a bit over an inch at the widest points, and they have clearly defined edges.  It's showing brighter and has that mild itch going on right now, so I'd like to take care of it, but I'm moving and so I'm in-between doctors at the moment (plus a bit embarrassed), so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any advice on what it might be or what to try.  Can a fungal infection like jock itch persist for this long? Inverse psoriasis maybe? I don't know enough about it to hazard a guess, or to know how to treat, so any help would be much appreciated.

I am having the same symptoms , the rash has existed since about more than 1yr &1/2 now & really dono what to do ..I have applied 1-2 anti fungal ointments , I guess its time to really look into some serious treatment ..

What is the current status of your rash ? Do you have any pix to post ? My email id is iik.***@****