Looking for a Dermatologest for Folliculitis in NYC

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My boyfried is 23years male and has severe folliculitis in his scalp.
We are looking for a specialist in NYC. Please let me know if you know the best Doctor for Folliculitis in NYC.
Thank you very much!

Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Hello

Are you still an active member? Please reply if you check your messages.
Were you able to find a folliculitis specialist? It seems to me nowadays nobody gives a damn or just trying to make money

If you can email me that would be better mailto: ***@****  Thank you

Best Regards
Shamil