Dermatology Community
Looks like chicken pox
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Looks like chicken pox

My son is 11 months old.  He has broken out in a rash that resembles chicken pox on four different occasions.  He has been seen by four different doctor's about this and no one knows what is going on.  The bumps will begin as a small to large red bump, much like a mosquito bite, but within 24 hours they will have a blister on top.  The bumps will usually last about 5 days and then start to go away.  Once they go away, some will leave scars on him as a small round bump.  He has had them on his arms, feet, legs, stomach, back, etc.  I have been told they were chicken pox, chigger bites, flea bites, an allergy...but none of these diagnoses have been true.  I am really getting frustrated at my medical community and hope that someone out there might have an answer for me.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms the possibility of molluscum contagiosum and impetigo need to be ruled out. Molluscum presents as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group.

Impetigo is a highly contagious superficial bacterial skin infection; primarily caused by Staphylococcus aureus and sometimes by Streptococcus pyogenes. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get it examined.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...