Dermatology Community
Lose of pigment
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lose of pigment

Recently this summer I noticed that in the mid-region of my back (between my shoulder blades)  I have white-blotchy spots that have no pigment to them.  I'm a fair skinned 24 yr old male who can tan easily but also can burn if I don't watch myself.  Its not just a couple little spots, there have to be at least 15-20 spots.  Ive noticed ppl have these kind of spots from over exposure to the sun but with these ppl the pigment returns to normal...mine only stays the same white blotchy spots.  I love going to the beach and its became embarrasing to have to explain myself every time I have my shirt off.  I have just figured that my skin lost all pigment and there was nothing I could do about it.  I had a friend who told me that she heard this...that every single person has some form of hair dander, or dandruff.  She said that sometimes these dander particles fall from your head and when reaches contact with your skin, its reaction to your skin is to take away its pigment.  She said to rub anti-dandruff shampoo on the affected area and in a couple weeks my problem would be resolved.  This seems very far fetched.  Is there any credibility to this story?   Is there anything I can do at all to get rid of this bothersome white spots?