Dermatology Expert Forum
Lotrisone Steroid Cream Reaction
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lotrisone Steroid Cream Reaction

I went to the doctor last week with red, somewhat sticky, and sensitive areas on each side of my scrotum. I have not had sex in over ten months so I thought I had a yeast or fungal infection. The doctor gave me a prescription for the anti-biotic doxycycline and lotrison lotion with anti-fungal/steroid. The first two days the lotrisone cream seemed to work like a charm. On days three and four my entire scrotum became bright red and began hanging extremely low with unbelievably loose skin. Finally I developed swelling and a dull pain in my right testicle and I stopped using the lotrisone. The next morning I woke up and after I urinated I had a clear sticky fluid (like pre-ejaculatory fluid) come out of my urethra. It has been four days since then. My scrotum is still looking and feeling very strange and I still have small amounts of the clear sticky fluid coming out after I urinate sometimes . My scrotum looks better in the mornings but as the day goes on it becomes more and more saggy and red. I have been to two different doctors and I tested negative for STD's. I now believe that I may have overreacted to a lesser problem like eczema and my new symptoms are all due to the harsh steroid in the cream. I am very distressed about the look/feel of my scrotum. I wish that I had never gone to the doctor who prescribed me lotrisone. I never had any swelling or urinary problems in the past. Is it normal for a steroid cream to cause such intense redness and extreme sagging of the scrotal skin? Am I ok? Will my scrotum ever return to normal? Thankyou for any advice you can offer to me. I truly appreciate your help.