Lots of bumps under one armpit
I have had a few bumps under my left armpit for several years. I thaught i was using my deoderant too widely ranged, but i reduced the area that i apply deoderant. It has only gotten worst, and its really starting to itch. I itched it so much over the last week, i now have a scar. My right armpit is fine. Can anyone tell me why these bumps are under my armpit and why its getting worst? And what i can use to heal it?
How are you? Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic disease that causes inflammation of the large specialized sweat glands or the apocrine glands that are found mainly in the armpits. It is still not clear why the apocrine sweat glands are affected but it can be due to mechanical blockage which could lead to infection. Hidradenitis suppurativa can be itchy, but is usually painful, and the lumps hurt if they are pressed. As time goes by, more and more scarring appears. Washing with antiseptic soaps,applying warm compresses with sodium chloride solution , wearing loose-fitting clothing can help. It is good to see your doctor for proper evaluation and diagnosis. Swabs from the area may be taken  to see which type of germ is present. Medical management is recommended in early stages, whereas surgery should be performed as early as possible after the formation of abscesses, fistulas, scars, and sinus tracts. (http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic892.htm)
I had a similar condition - a very painful pimple-like nodule appeared in my left armpit.  Over the next few days it got larger.  After a couple weeks, another appeared in my right armpit.  I stopped using deodorant and started using Goldbond powder several times a day.  The powder reduced friction and immediately helped.  Over the last 4 weeks the nodules have stopped hurting and have completely disappeared.
iv'e been using baking soda for deoderant lately,and my armpitts itch and sting like crazy now.I had a couple of skin tags removed from one armpit today and now i have these itchy lumps under both arms. What gives? am I allergic to baking soda? I've been using it to clean my laundry lately and had no issues with the rest of my skin...  Could I have a reaction to the needle he used to numb the area? but both pitts have it...
I have several bumps under my armpit that just come up two days ago. I am really worried about them. I had one under my other armpit a few months ago that I had to have removed. What do you think it could be?