Dermatology Community
Lots of spots on back of head
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lots of spots on back of head

I am 28 and have been shaving my head now for a couple of months.  I dont use a razor, I use electric clippers on a "0" (straight blade) setting and I shave approximately every 3-4 days.  I would occasionally get a spot or two on my scalp, which I figured was quite normal but the last 2 times I have shaved it has revealed lots of spots.  These spots are only located at the back and side of my head.  The most recent time has been the worst.  There are some red ones, which have obviously been irritated by the shaving because they are qite tender, and there are some which you cannot see unless the light shines a certain way, but you can feel them.  None of the spots have a head on them and no puss comes out of them.  I can only compare them to the kind of spots I sometimes get on my neck if I shave agains the grain.  I am quite self consious about these spots because I think they look really unsightly....the only thing I have seen on the internet which sounds like it could be what I have is Folliculitis...only I dont have any puss filled sores.