Dermatology Expert Forum
Lump in Armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Lump in Armpit

Dear Doctor:

I know that your abilities to diagnose me via the internet are limited.   However, in addition to suggesting that I see a primary care doctor in person, I hope that you can provide me with some feedback on the following.

I
I can't tell from your description.  The pain favors a lymph node, but a cyst can hurt too if you poke at it.

But you know what?  It really doesn't matter in all likelihood, because neither is serious.  My advice is to leave the bump alone and show it to a doctor if there's still anything to show in a month.  I doubt your antiperspirant has anything to do with it, so no need to change while you wait.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
This additional information should not exceed my 3,000 letter limit.

Here goes:  at the end of the 2nd day, the lump under the skin of my armp no longer hurts.  Now, I just feel a lump.  Everything I said above still holds true, particularly the facts that the lump seems to me in the "muscle area" of the armpit, instead of the hollow of the armpit.

Thanks,

art
So, with one swollen node, it's not a big deal.

My impression is that the only concern would be generalized lymph node swelling, correct?
Yup, correct.

Dr. Rockoff
hello,  i am a 46 year old asian male.  i have about 10 small cysts in my body and every month i discover new ones.  i have already had 3 cysts removed surgically that left ugly hollow scars.  my question doctor is,  is there a medicine that could be taken orally so that i dont need to have them removed and that maybe i could ask my doctor to prescribe it to me. the cysts do not hurt but i find them ugly.  

thank you very much and God bless.

carlos miguel